Spectator at SSE Hydro venue is taken to hospital on Friday night after equipment appears to fall from lighting rig
A fan at Adele’s Glasgow concert has been injured by a falling chain that possibly came from a lighting rig overhead.
The singer was performing her sell-out tour at the SSE Hydro on Friday night when a chain that was part of the production came down.
The injured spectator was taken to hospital and Adele, who was apparently unaware of the incident at the time, later tweeted her apologies and promised it would not happen again.
Other spectators tweeted that the falling equipment was a piece of a lighting rig.
Stuart Duffy, who was at the show, said the lights came up and other spectators were moved. He posted a picture on Twitter of the rigging that appeared to have malfunctioned.
A spokeswoman for the venue told the Daily Record: “A chain belonging to the production came down and hit one person who was taken to hospital as a precaution.
“We are liaising with the production crew to ascertain what happened. This is all we know at this stage.”
Adele is scheduled to perform a second show at the 13,000-capacity arena on Saturday.